Thursday, February 02, 2006

Color laser printers are Government Spies

I don't have much to say about this, except that whereas once I would have said this is paranoid science-fiction, under the Bush administration federal investigators seem to feel they can invade your privacy in any way they want, so it has to be taken seriously.

Privacy experts are warning that your color laser printer may be spying on you. A number of these new high-tech printers are automatically placing a secret code on pages, apparently at the government's request.


Now don't panic, it's only certain models of color laser printers, not inkjet (which is what most of us use at home). Still, next time you use one, see what happens when you shine a blue light on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HUH???? I thought my iPOD was spying on me...tracking me with GPS...

Alexander Wolfe said...

No that's your cell phone silly. Your iPod is merely reporting everything you listen to to the NSA for comparison to an index of "subversive" music.

Nat-Wu said...

Yeah, they're watching to see if you're downloading Cuban or Arabic music (I'm only half joking).