Thursday, August 24, 2006

Feel good story for the day...kind of

I always say people deserve a second chance. Or, as the case may be, a third. That's exactly what recruiters were doing at a job fair for convicted felons who have served their time.

DALLAS - Thousands of ex-convicts crammed into a sweltering gymnasium Wednesday for a job fair, interviewing with stores, temporary agencies, restaurants and any other business willing to overlook a felony record.


Evidently it was a smashing success.

"I've never seen this many people at a job fair," said Dusty Crews, a human resources worker with the Waffle House who ran out of blank applications before the fair ended. She left carrying a bag stuffed full of completed forms.


Now I'm truly glad that these people are seeking employment and that there are those willing to offer them employment. I just may not go to Waffle House ever again. I have no desire to get shanked by an angry employee.

Just kidding. Maybe.

No comments: