Friday, November 09, 2007

Minivans Safer Than SUVs

Did you know that minivans are safer than SUVS? I didn't. I've always derided the minivan, but my family's minivan was actually pretty comfortable and a pretty smooth ride. I think it's time to revise my low opinion of the mini-van. Oh, and Abbott cites to this excerpt from the book "High and Mighty", a book about the SUV phenomenon:

According to Bradsher, internal industry market research concluded that S.U.V.s tend to be bought by people who are insecure, vain, self-centered, and self-absorbed, who are frequently nervous about their marriages, and who lack confidence in their driving skills.

That seems accurate, given that a fair portion of large SUV drivers I encounter are oblivious to other cars on the road and exhibit implausibly poor driving and parking skills.

No comments: