Thursday, March 20, 2008

Non Sequiter

I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that as a boy, I fell in love with the Elfquest books authored by Wendy and Richard Pini, depicting a brutal alternative pre-historical Earth in which elves are actually descendants of an alien race stranded on Earth in a long-ago accident, are mostly hostile to humans, and are engaged in protracted conflict with the trolls who were once their servants. I can't count how many times I read the first four graphic novels (comprised of the comics originally issued in the late 1970's) but somehow never managed to move beyond those. So I'm quite pleased to read that in celebration of the series 30'th birthday, the Pinis are making every issue of Elfquest ever printed available online for free. In my free time, I plan on indulging in some nostalgia for my boyhood years and catching up on the doings of Cutter and his band of Wolfriders.

1 comment:

Gary said...

I have that link on my desktop thinking about when I would get around to putting it on my non-politics blog.