Friday, April 25, 2008

FLDS Compound Raid Fallout Worsens

I hadn't kept up with the story of the raid of the FLDS compound in Eldorado, a small town near San Angelo in West Central Texas. But the more I read about it, the worse it looks for law enforcement officials who are presently separating children from the mothers and packing them off to various parts of the state, and who's high profile informant whose accusations led to the raid now turns out to be a mentally ill woman residing in Colorado. I'm not out to rush to defend this group because I have secret Mormon affiliations, but because it's utterly and absolutely wrong to take children away from their mothers and fathers based on the barest of evidence or prejudice about the lifestyles or religion of the parents.

For more information, I recommend fellow Texas blogger Scott Henson who's been following the story close.

No comments: