Thursday, September 04, 2008

Football!

Nothing says fall like cooler temperatures and football, and today we have both thanks to the remnants of Gustav and the start of the NFL season as the Redskins and the Giants open up the battle for the NFC East tonight in the Meadowlands. If I was forced to choose I'd take MLS or the NBA over the NFL, but for me (and many others I suspect) football is irrevocably intertwined with the change in the weather, the coming holiday season, and in general all sorts of warm and fuzzy memories from childhood. As a Cowboys fan I can hardly say who'd I'd prefer to see lose more, but in truth I really don't care; I'm just happy to watch them play.*







* Though actually, I'll spend most of the evening watching FC Dallas try to get back on track at home against Colorado. As I've learned after two weeks of political conventions, you never let facts get in the way of a good line.

No comments: