For your reading pleasure:
1. The Treasury Dept. is set to announce new regulatory controls over previously unregulated financial transactions.
2. The Pentagon says in a new report that China is seeking to boost it's military's power and effectiveness. China says we need to chill out. In the meantime, China prepares to force Tibetans to celebrate "Serf Liberation Day", the 60th anniversary of the Chinese invasion of Tibet.
3. 16 die in a Baghdad bombing.
4. American cities are dealing with an increase in "shantytowns" as the number of homeless rise. Hollywood producers Peter Samuelson wants to give them something better than cardboard boxes to live in.
5. Secretary Clinton bluntly admits that the failed U.S. war on drugs has contributed to rising violence in Mexico.
6. American taxpayers are paying for the expansion of settlements in the West Bank, if in a backhanded way.
7. New study says that most wrongful convictions in Texas stem from witness misidentification.
8. Lisa Falkenberg on Gov. Perry's stimulus fund logic (or lack thereof.)
9. The next American soccer star?
10. A question about student loan forgiveness tops the list at the new "ask the President" website.