1. Apparently all it takes to get published is 1) a title that makes an over-the-top claim 2) a thesis based on the most conventional of wisdom and the most superficial analysis of modern affairs and 3) a track record of publishing similar books.
2. Iran offers to help in Afghanistan, pledging reconstruction aid and assistance in stopping the drug trade.
3. Our ridiculous policies towards Cuba are finally being questioned on the Hill.
4. Samueal Johnson says that America cannot recover until the oligarchy that controls the financial sector is broken.
5. Are Taliban militants in Pakistan extending their reach beyond the tribal areas?
6. Iraq: another suicide bombing in Mosul. Iraqis fear that the present "peace" is merely the eye of the storm, and some are not prepared to lay their weapons down.
7. Israel closes its investigation into claims of atrocities in Gaza.