Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dead Weather

Via Boing Boing, an amusing "interview" with the new alt-supergroup the Dead Weather (a bonus video for their single "Treat Me Like Your Mother." If you're curious, you the whole album is streaming online here. It's not bad; some pretty good tracks and some filler, which is enough to get a B or a B+ in my book. I think Alison Mosshart and Jack White complement each other vocally and there's some potential for some great music there, so I'm interested if they have any plans for another album after this one.

4 comments:

Ruh Abd al-Hakem said...

you don't give them a B? Well that sucks because they're on my list of best albums ever!

Alexander Wolfe said...

I'd give them a B, which in this case means a "there's some potential here." Though Jack White may just join/create another band.

adam said...

Uh, I listened and was waiting for the songs to begin... then it was over.

Alexander Wolfe said...

Ha. Yeah, I can kind of understand that reaction too.