Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Voters are Morons

I don't know what the deal is with this "Stumped" column that the Washington Post does, where they answer questions about the candidates from voters. The first questions boils down to "How do I vote for McCain unless I know he's 'saved'"? and the second basically says "How do I vote for any Republican when Romney's a fraud, McCain isn't a right-wing nut, Ron Paul doesn't properly fear 'islamofascism' and Huckabee is a leftist?" (actually that part about Huckabee is almost a direct quote.) I applaud the writer for even attempting to answer these questions, as my answer would be "Please get on a boat and strand yourself on an island where you can do no more harm to your country." These are the best questions they get? At least the third of today's questions, about why politicians won't be straight up about defense spending, shows that not all voters are complete idiots.

No comments: