Friday, June 23, 2006

Treasury Dept. Examining Bank Records

I'm posting about this mostly because I feel obligated to. The program seems to be a big deal, but I can't quite decide how I feel about it yet. For some reason it doesn't seem as big as the NSA's domestic surveillance program to me, but why do I feel that way? Is there yet more we need to learn about this program? Is scanning bank transfer records not as big a deal as listening in on private conversations? I'm taking a cop-out by declining to answer any of these questions at this time, but being the devoted bloggers that we are (at least when major sporting events aren't going on) we'll certainly have more to say about it as more facts about the program are revealed.

1 comment:

adam said...

But clearly, the Constitution gives the President the power to do whatever the hell he damn well pleases.