Friday, December 05, 2008

Recession! Yay!

I'm not happy that we're in a recession, I'm just happy that I was right that we were going into a recession. Yeah, I know, these guys said it started in December and I didn't flat out call it a recession until the end of January, but hey, I don't even have a degree in economics, much less the expert counsel of the leading economic scholars in the US. I'd say I was doing alright!

Do I need to round up some links quoting Bush saying we're not in a recession or going into a recession, since, well, sometime last year? Do I need to round up links showing how that probably wasn't true since, well, sometime last year? Well, they're the same posts anyway, but no, I won't do that. Unless you're Anne Coulter you should be able to rely on your own memory to recall at least a couple of times where he reassured us that the economy was ok or "the fundamentals of the economy are strong". Oh wait, was that McCain? Anyway, the point is that I'm nobody special. I didn't actually figure anything out that anybody else couldn't have. The only thing I've got going for me is I pay attention and I'm skeptical of people who tell us what we want to hear. Truth pretty much shines through, no matter how many layers of BS are laid on top of it. All you have to do is look for it.

No comments: